Campus Announcement, 8 November - Exams
08 November 2015 | Story by Newsroom
Updated: 12h22, 20 November 2015
8 November 2015
Dear colleagues and students
- Exams will proceed as scheduled for students who wish to proceed with the November 2015 exams.
- The option to defer to January 2016 has been re-opened. It will remain open until 27 November 2015. All students eligible for this choice will receive full details within the next 24 hours. What this means is that students who wish to defer their full block of November 2015 exams to January 2016 may do so, and this deferment will be granted automatically.
- A student who has any of his / her / their exam(s) in the November block disrupted, will have the right to defer the disrupted November 2015 exam to January 2016, and will also have the right to take the rest of their exams (i.e. the remaining November 2015 exams scheduled after the initial disruption) in January 2016. Students who take some of their exams in the November block, and who without having any of their exams disrupted feel that at any point they are not able to complete their full suite of November exams given the circumstances that prevail, should no longer use the self-service option, but should complete a deferred application form which may be obtained from the Student Records Office. Results for exams taken will stand.
- Academic departments will also explore options for substitute assessments during this period.
- Students who qualify for a supplementary exam (in respect of exams written in November 2015) will write the exam in January 2016.
- Students who fail exams written in the deferred January 2016 block who would ordinarily qualify for a supp will be offered an additional assessment but there is no automatic right to an additional assessment in cases of poor exam performance.
University of Cape Town